How To Make People Believe You're a Mermaid

Okay, so you're not a mermaid (yet). But others don't know that and there's no reason for all your fellow students not to believe that over the weekend you underwent a magical transformation from mere human to mythical being of the seas. Here's the How To:
1. Don't go for obvious mermaid makeup. There are a lot of mermaid makeup tutorials out there which tell you to use silver eye shadow and pink lipstick. These tutorials are for people who want to dress up as a mermaid for Halloween not for people who want to look like genuine mermaids. Stay tuned to the blog cause I'm gonna make a mermaid makeup tutorial soon!

2. Get the hair of a mermaid. Mermaids are known for their long luscious locks, so grow out your hair. If you can maintain it, you can never have to worry about cutting your hair again but if you would like to keep it practical grow out your hair to just below the shoulder. Before washing your hair, brush out all knots and after washing let it air dry and don't brush it unless you still have a huge knot. This leaves a nice texture and it looks like you've just been swimming!

3. Accessorize with (not necessarily real) pearls, shells, and starfishes. Wear them as jewellery, clip them into your hair, or braid a blue or green ribbon into your hair. Be creative!

4. Create fake scales on your legs. Put on a pair of old fishnet tights and dust some blue or green (if you use any other color it'll look like a weird skin infection) eye shadow on your ankles. Carefully take off the tights. Put on your pants, jeans, leggings, etc. and casually pull up the leg (careful not to smudge the eye shadow) exposing the scales. If you see anyone staring look down at your leg and hastily adjust the hem with an embarrassed or even alarmed expression.

5. A characteristic of mermaids is their voice. Speak calmly and softly but clearly. Also, sing when you're not speaking to people and pretend to think nobody is listening. If you really don't have any vocal talent substitute singing for humming.

6. Be distant and mysterious. Create obviously false excuses for not attending/swimming (at) pool parties. When someone questions why you're being so distant tell them you miss the ocean then quickly correct yourself or change the subject.

7. Drink frequently but in small amounts. This will make it seem like you're constantly thirsty but in reality you won't be drinking any more than anybody else.

8. Don't eat fish. If anyone asks why or offers you any tell them it's cannibalism then correct yourself.

Follow these steps and pretty soon everybody will be questioning if you're a mermaid!

10 comments:

  1. Somebody (maybe you) wrote something exactly like this on wiki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wrote this on wikihow and thought it would be nice to have this on my blog too :)

      Delete
  2. This is really cool, but what if you want to do the scales but you don’t have fishnets and your mom won’t get them for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get something like eyeliner and draw on scales, then go over them with eyeshadow. If you're having difficulty drawing the scales, just google fish scales for ideas

      Delete
  3. I am a real mermaid, and these tips do describe my everyday life. It's actually hard to keep it a secret, and my friends are already saying I'm being dumb. I wish I could either go back home, or live like a human. Not the monster I'm afraid to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. PLEASE DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME FOR BEING MYSELF, I'M JUST TRYING TO GET MY FEELINGS OUT THERE ANONYMOUSLY!!!!!

      Delete
    2. so am i see you in the ocean

      Delete
    3. I am a mermaid also. Idk why people want to be one all the time or say they are fake! BTW Sarah, are u the mermaid who I saw behind the coral with a shell in ur hair?

      Delete
    4. OH MY SHELLS!!! You guys are mermaids too? My name is Harbor, and I am a mermaid as well. I came here to get more ideas for my cover as a human (who are so dumb for thinking mermaids are not real) and I read your comments. I can't believe you guys are mermaids too!

      Delete
  4. same i am a mermaid and i only told my lil cousin and i try to tell my friends but they dont belive me

    ReplyDelete